What size should I get? (orchestra instruments only)
Most teachers will measure students prior to any registration process, so be sure to follow their recommendation. We will also gladly measure your child in one of our stores. If your student grows during the summer or somehow the instrument is not the right size, there is no need to worry. As part of the string rental program, We will provide your student with the next size at no additional charge.
Why do I need to buy a stand?
The stand is used to practice at home, and help with your students posture when reading music. It is a required accessory according to most teachers.
What is covered in the maintenance?
As long as your account is current our maintenance and replacement (or M&R) plan covers the renter against non-negligent damage that may affect the playing condition of the instrument. For only a few dollars each month, this will give you a little piece of mind that everything below will be included for both you and your child.
- Orchestra Rentals: breakage of strings, bow rehairs, free periodic check ups/minor adjustments, and any normal wear and tear that can happen to the instrument. This fee also covers you in case of theft.
- Band Rentals: free periodic check ups/minor adjustments, and any normal wear and tear that can happen to the instrument. This fee also covers you in case of theft.
What does the rental come with?
- Orchestra Rentals: Bow, Case, Rosin, Shoulder Sponge(with rubber bands) for violin and viola, Rock Stop for cello and bass
- Band Rentals: Mouthpiece, Ligature, Case, any needed oils and greases, Swabs, 2 Reeds (1 for oboes) to get you started
Why do you need so much information to rent an instrument?
Because we are extending credit for the instrument without doing an actual credit check, we are requiring all the information to secure our property while you’re renting. This includes the following:
- Employer information: We need your employer information to verify a source of income for the monthly payments.
- More than one phone number: This is just in case we cannot get a hold of you on the first number you have provided.
- Credit reference: This is just in case we’re unable to obtain current employer information.
How do the monthly payments work?
Payments will be made automatically from the credit/debit card or checking account that we have on file either on the 1st or 15th of every month.
Does any of the money go towards the purchase of an instrument?
Each renter will have a loyalty discount equal to 100% of all rental payments ( excluding M&R and late fees) This discount can be applied to the purchase of a new or reconditioned like instrument from us. ( ex violin to violin purchase). This discount is available for 30 days after the return of the rental instrument.
Do we buy the instrument my child is using?
You can choose a brand new or reconditioned full size instrument when you decide to purchase.
What if my child doesn’t want to be in orchestra or band anymore?
You can return the instrument at any time since you are on a month-to-month payment. Please contact us directly to notify us about the return. If your student attends a school we deliver to, we can make arrangements to pick the instrument up. Before returning consider if your child might be interested in switching to a different instrument.
Can I give my payment to the Band/Orchestra Teacher?
Unfortunately, teachers are not involved in the collection of rental fees.
Can we switch instruments?
Yes, as long as you check with your teacher first.. Different rental prices will be changed accordingly.
Do we return the instrument for the summer?
We always encourage keeping the instrument over the summer so you can practice. There is usually some kind of summer program offered or private lessons available in your area. Once the instrument is returned, your account will close and you will forfeit the loyalty discount. You would begin again at zero in the fall which is why keeping your instrument is highly recommended. If you do not want to continue orchestra or band after summer, then yes, return the instrument to the teacher before school lets out or call us. Rent is charged as long as you have the instrument, whether you use it or not.